What is Peach Tech
Peach State Innovation and Technology or Peach Tech, is the online portal of Project 229 2030 Incorporated, an innovative, Georgia based, non-governmental organization (NGO), founded in March of 2018.
1. To promote technological creativity, innovation and skills development through provisions of digitally accessible, quality, free and low-cost options that enable the learning of technology skills such as iOS and Android mobile application development; fundamental web design and development languages such as HTML, CSS, Java Script (JS); and blockchain technology.
2. To encourage the development of critical and analytical skills in students with no-cost STEM Pre-K and K-12 curriculum available for parents, homeschooling, and educators (individuals, schools, districts, and organizations).
3. To facilitate bridging the broadband accessibility gap in rural and under-served communities through the strategic establishment of WISP broadband clusters in the state of Georgia through Peach-Fi ISP, a start-up fixed wireless access (FWA) provider, owned by
Project 220 2030.
1. The Georgia-5K™ Initiative has the undertones of a race and it is a race of sorts. The initiative is an effort to promote and encourage state-wide coding and blockchain technology education. The objective is to have 5,000 individuals within the state to learn a programming language on Codecademy or The essentials of blockchain and distributed ledger technology by IBM developerWorks. The platforms are available at no cost to the user (although Codecademy is a freemium site (free and premium access), free users have sufficient content to learn the programming language ) and are accessible from anywhere via a data connection. The 5,000 individuals that learn a coding language or the essentials of blockchain technology and provide evidence of completion (Codecademy screen shot for coding language or the Acclaim success verification link for Blockchain technology essentials) will receive 5 PeachCoins, a complementary currency and medium of exchange, equivalent to $500.00 USD. The NewSouth21Token (NS21), a verified
Ethereum ERC-20 token monikered "PeachCoin", is the complementary cryptographic currency of PEACHAIN™, a decentralized social and commerce network leveraging blockchain technology to facilitate commerce and community economic development, currently under development by Project 229 2030.
2. The STEMphasize™ Education Initiative has the purpose of bridging the STEM skills gap by providing to (Pre-K - 12) schools and educators quality, digitally delivered, STEM Common Core and Next Generation Science standard curricula to establish state STEM certified programs within their respective school districts. Along with the wealth of resources that are available on our site for educators, Peach Tech will acquire and distribute to participating rural and budget conscious public schools and districts, STEM educational resources from Kid Spark Education and littleBits Education Solutions. These resources come with standards-aligned curriculum and activities that foster logical, critical, and creative skills in children and adolescents. Skills that are and will continue to further the advancement of STEM oriented occupations and opportunities.
3. The PEACHAIN™ Project emphasizes the leveraging of blockchain technology for community development. The project aims to achieve this through blockchain technology by two means:
(1) The PEACHAIN Network application, a decentralized progressive social and commerce application that incorporates Ethereum blockchain technology through Infura. The application serves as a local / hyper-local social commerce network platform comprised of individuals, retailers, trade professionals, service providers, and other businesses of their respective communities.
(2) The deployment and utilization of PeachCoin (NS21), a cryptocurrency developed on Ethereum blockchain technology to function as a complementary currency and medium of exchange in cryptographic form. The uses of PeachCoin, as a complementary currency and medium of exchange, are independent of the PEACHAIN Application although details relative to acquiring, its acceptance and usage usage in commerce exchanges PeachCoin (NS21) are featured on the application.
4. Peach-Fi™ ISP LLC is a Georgia based start-up fixed wireless broadband provider that will deploy last mile broadband solutions in 36 Georgia communities over the next four years.
We anticipate these initiatives will have positive regional and statewide effects and implications. For instance, many of today’s digital technology opportunities are available via remote employment or telecommuting. The ability to telecommute is predicated on the availability of reliable broadband. Having such potentially allows individuals to benefit financially without having to relocate, which subsequently, will be immediately beneficial to their respective local economies. Also, by encouraging STEM skills development in the state, we are ensuring that the state possesses, equips, and produces a talent pool that has the requisite skill set to meet current and future digital economy job challenges.
We cannot reach our objectives alone however. It is going to take support from citizens and collaboration with local businesses, civic, and educational leaders and organizations for our efforts to engender success.
Why Peach Tech Matters?
Over the past two decades, regions in the state have been negatively impacted by the loss of industrial jobs due to facility closures, relocation, and attrition, leaving an unfilled void in terms of workforce earnings and economic prosperity. The introduction and availability of STEM, coding, and blockchain technology based resources provides an opportunity for the "re-branding" of individuals and communities for community and economic prosperity.
According to studies, the onus of broadband internet accessibility in the state of Georgia is affordability as well as accessibility. Although the 21st most wired state in the country, nearly 1.2 million residents in communities across the state still do not have internet access with comparable broadband speeds (download speeds equivalent or greater than 25 Mbps) to date. To help alleviate this, Peach-Fi ISP, a start-up broadband wireless access provider (BWA), will identify suitable rural communities and regions throughout the state, develop and deploy fixed broadband wireless networks for internet accessiblity, where deemed feasible.
What's just as important as doing something "on blockchain"? Doing something "for blockchain". Educating people on blockchain and distributed ledger technology is what we're doing for blockchain while leveraging the technology for application development. As people become more educated about blockchain technology, demand for the adaptation of this technology will only increase. Education has the potential to create more contributors to the technology, facilitating blockchain development and adaptation.
Georgia Department of Education data suggests there is need to increase the number of state certified STEM K-12 public schools. This need is more dire in some regions across the state that in others.. To address this, we have available online resources for free STEM curriculum, lessons, and activities covering Pre-K and K-12 available for digital delivery. Many of these resources are being used by educators nationwide and meet Common Core (CCCS) and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
The demand for digital, blockchain and distributed ledger technology talent will only continue to grow exponentially. It is anticipated that by 2020, there will be approximately one million more digital technology jobs in the U.S. than there are workforce personnel to meet industry needs while the demand for blockchain and distributed ledger technology development skills is expected to grow ten-fold by 2025.
Computing, digital, and coding jobs are growing at a rate of twice the national average and pay approximately 75% more than the median annual salary. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the median salary for programmers was $79,840 in 2016. The top 10% in the field earned approximately $130,360 while the bottom 10% earned approximately $45,570 during that same period.
Through our portal, individuals, students, and educators can acquire at no cost, STEM, coding and blockchain technology educational tools and resources to facilitate bridging tomorrow's critical technology skills gap today.